Thursday 3 April 2014

Friday Food Focus- Broccoli

Morning All,

So.... I've decided that there is just too much good food out there with lots of hidden benefits and a lot of us, including me take this for granted and half the time don't know what we are actually eating and just eat it because we have been told it is good for us. Am I right?? So every Friday I am going to write a post 'Friday Food Focus' to explain to you why you should be eating that type of food (If you aren't already) and post recipe ideas to help spice up your meals.

This Mornings 'Friday Food Focus' 

BROCCOLI

Superfood Stats:
  • 34 Calories
  • 3g Protein
  • 83mg Vitamin C
  • 45mg Calcium
  • 3g Fibre

Floret Facts:
  • Reduces Heart Disease thanks to stimulating thioredoxin production, which protects heart cells from damage.
  • Fights Cancer thanks to 1-3c Sulforaphane-The anti cancer compound
  • Fights High Blood Pressure thanks to Glutamic Acid- The best vegetable protein for lowering high Blood Pressure
My Favorite Recipe Ideas:

Broccoli Patties



Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Cheesy Alfredo 

Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Cheesy Alfredo

Broccoli Bread
post image


My mouth waters when I look at these recipes, Give them a go to help you add more Broccoli in to your diet

Happy Healthy Eating! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment